Iron Age Round House

This site has primarily been developed to relate to interactive 360° (spherical) panoramas.

An index to the 360° panoramas can be reached by clicking on the button to the left , which will take you to www.hugh360.co.uk, where there is information on creating panoramas and links to panorama related sites.

 

 

St Mary’s Church in Sixpenny Handley has been on this site for nearly a millennium and existed since Norman times and possibly before.
Nicholas de Longespee is the first recorded Chaplin from 1277 to 1280 before becoming the Bishop of Salisbury from 1292 to 1297 and is buried in the North Choir Aisle of the Cathedral.
Parts of the nave and chancel date back to 1350 and the north side was not added until 1831.
The Church was extensively rebuilt between 1876 and 1878 when the South Aisle was added and the porch, which was built c1450, moved to its current location.

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.

Sixpenny Handley Church